7.16.2008

Painting Close to Home

Well, I have been trying to get back up to Zapata this week but it was not to be. First we scheduled a paint out for Wednesday but there were too many impediments; then Friday but that won't work for other reasons so I am resigned to looking again at my back yard and the surrounding marsh. I was inspired by some of the paintings in the PAAC show that could have been painted there - I had never seen the possibilities quite that way. On the way back from Denver Sue and I discussed that very thing: bringing something fresh to familiar material; trying to make something out of nothing. I think that is what separates the men from the boys.
This is a 9"x12", Marshwood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just love your bright, energetic paintings. I saw your Artist Choice painting at Abend a few days ago. It's stunning!