9.24.2008

Colorado Mountain Plein Air Festival, Salida





It has been such a busy week I haven't had a minute to post but there really was more to the Colorado Mountain Plein Air Festival in Salida, than my prize (hard to believe. . .) Sunday morning by the Arkansas River in Salida, models posed and over 50 painters gathered in Riverside Park for the "Quick Draw". Our Quick Draw began with the "call to the post" and the shout that went up from painters could be heard all over the park; an indicator of the enthusiasm for this new event. Patrice Walker took this snap of me and Brooks Powell enjoying a painting moment.
The 2nd photo above shows our trumpeter/painter and includes Tom Lockhart, who judged the over all show and the quick draw. Thanks Tom.
Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of my painting before it sold. BOo!
Now I can just remember it in my head as the masterpiece it was. HA!

No comments: