8.31.2007

Daily Painter -Thursday-Bears out my Window



This little party: two bear cubs and their mother were shaking down a tree under my window Thursday morning; fun to watch but I was so glad not to have seen them while painting in Rocky Mt.National Park.
Thursday is Media Day and all of the artists paint on the Riverwalk that winds down though the shopping section of Estes. It is quite beautiful so not hard to find a good view, of something. This is our chance to mingle with the public, answer questions, make contacts and encourage people to come to the Show Opening on Saturday. Media Day is not everyone's cupa-tea but I enjoy it and even talked with folks that I met last year in Estes Park on the Media Day. Best of all I was happy with my painting of the twin owls over Estes. Unfortunately, it began to rain about 1pm so there was no time for a second painting. 'Amazing Day', 16"x12"oil. This painting can be viewed at the Link Gallery in Estes Park.

No comments: