4.03.2008

On The Town


Cheyenne is full of history and cowboy romance. The area between the bright and newly redone Depot Plaza and the Botanical Gardens boasts the state capitol building and so many beautiful, gracious old homes. Alec Cooke, you will love painting here.
Saturday morning I took in the 2008 Western Spirit Art Show. David Montgomery, a fellow painter from the San Luis Valley had two landscapes in the show and Tom Lockhart, another San Luis Valley painter was one of the 3 jurors for this event.
Don Weller, won Best Watercolor and I was so excited to find that Rebecca Barrett had gotten his work for the Link Gallery. Bravo! Don Weller (I believe a WY native) was a premier designer and illustrator in California when I was a designer in San Francisco. I am HUGE fan!

No comments: