5.19.2009

Back in Taos



Sue McCullough and I headed back to Taos on Monday morning to meet up with the Plein Air Artists of Colorado. What Taos paint out would be complete with out a morning at "the Gorge" - or some gorge, somewhere. We hit it twice; at Wild Rivers, where the Red River Gorge and the Rio Grande River Gorge meet (this young mountain goat strolled by me there) and south of Taos at a wonderful spot with gorge views in both directions; wonderful but very windy. Wednesday we went back to Arroyo Seco to paint the charming church there. I had painted it the previous week (see the vertical painting) but was happy to have another go. I have included my original sketch and the second painting, - more like what I had in mind in the first place.
It was a great couple of weeks; we could not have asked for better weather and even the locals were saying that it was most beautiful Spring in years. I agree.
Memorial Day weekend Sue and I will be at the Taste of Creede painting the town en plein air with Steven Quiller, David Montgomery, Charlie Ewing and artists from all over who make this charming town a holiday destination. Sunday at 1pm is the "Quick Draw", always a crowd pleaser, followed by an auction. Creede Colorado will be the place to be for Memorial Day.


No comments: