3.10.2010

Cheyenne Never Disappoints

I had the opportunity to be in Cheyenne, Wyoming this last Saturday as a guest and speaker at the Artist Development Seminar that preceded the opening of the 29th Annual Western Spirit Show. I predicted (2 posts ago) that it would be a good party but the weekend exceeded all my expectations. Cheyenne always surprises me - and in a good way.
The Artist Development Seminar is for artists who are in the Western Spirit Show and I really enjoyed giving a short presentation on Marketing for the Individual Artist - but I also enjoyed the other presenters. Fine artist, painter and teacher, Jeanne Mackenzie did a painting demo. Sculptor, Chris Navarro, who judged the show, talked about his life and his work - both were exceptional and worth the price of admission.
Nothing prepared me tho', for the huge show opening. The exhibition was packed, and these were folks that paid a nice ticket price, just to get in and see the work - and eat - of course. Did I mention the fabulous food?
It was a great weekend and I was hosted by the LINK Gallery who represents me in Wyoming. Owner Rebecca Barrett, has created a beautiful downtown art destination that boasts the deepest collection of artists in that part of the country. The LINK Gallery together with the Deselms Gallery, put on the Wyoming Plein Air Event during the first 2 weeks of August. It is the only painting event of its kind in Wyoming. So, if you are a plein air painter - check it out. Just click on Wyoming Plein Air.