6.10.2010

William F. Reese

I was saddened to hear from Don Maier, of the Plein Air Artists NING site, (see the banner to the right) the news that one of the most esteemed members, Bill Reese, passed away this week.
I never met Bill Reese personally but his life and work were brought to my attention by Ann Templeton, who is a mentor of mine. Bill wrote a forward to her first book and through Ann I came to appreciate this wonderful artist. He joined the Plein Air Artists NING site about a year ago and I knew everyone else involved stood to benefit. He was an active contributor, sharing freely from his great experience on many topics. When he posted work or wrote comments - I made sure to look and read.
He will be greatly missed greatly by the art world.
Thanks for sharing Bill.

No comments: