9.05.2008

Estes Park 2008. Quick Draw Saturday





The Quick Draw is my favorite part of any plein air event and probably the only time all of the artists paint together. There is a little bit of nervous energy but once the whistle blows everyone gets right to it.

As a consequence of painting in the shade my acrylic under-painting took a very long time to dry so I used the time to take photos of other artists. At the top, rick Frisbie breaks his concentration for a moment to give me a wave; Scott Freeman is painting the model. Deb Robinson, in her signature cowboy hat, is painting a view upstream and you can tell the morning is cool; she still has a sweater on. Teri Gortmaker is working in pastels and you can see her tray of pastels laid out on the french easel. The last photo is of KC Benson, a watercolorist whose work I admire. He has work in the Link Gallery in Cheyenne, who also represents me.
Click on the photos to see them larger.

No comments: