9.05.2008

Estes Park PLEIN AIR 2008. My Quick Draw

In the last 2 years at the quick draw, I have done more intimate views, of the stream or a group of trees. Today I painted a long view looking over the park, parking lot, and all of the activity, to Long's Peak through the trees.
There is something about a quick draw, the pressure and the energy which helps me cut loose and paint more freely. There is not time for second guessing or tedious care taking. Most plein air painters can do the job handily in the time frame but usually prefer a more finished look. That would not be me. I would be the one actually trying to make my daily paintings look more like the quick draw paintings.
The piece didn't seem to suffer at the auction. After some active bidding, this one sold for the highest that I have ever had a quick draw go for.

No comments: