5.01.2009

Springtime in New Mexico


At this time of year Taos is always a good idea. Spring comes very slowly to Southern Colorado and when the possibility of BIG snow in May is very strong, a little escape to Taos is often a much needed shot in the (painting) arm.
I will be in New Mexico all of next week with the High Desert Painters, a plein air group formed in 2004 to paint en plein air around the country and encourage each other as plein air artists. Click here on 'High Desert Painters' to see the HDP website, see the other painters and view their work.
I have spent several days in the studio doing the tedious work of making panels so I am armed and when I get back, hopefully, I will have a few pieces to share. At the end of the next week the Plein Air Painters of Colorado (PAAC) together with the Plein air Artist of New Mexico (PANM) will be gathering in Taos for a Spring Paint out. Sue Mc Cullough and I will join those groups for a few more days of painting in Taos.
May is like that - painters popping out of the woodwork- and into the landscape, a little frenetic and a little crazed. I chalk it up to cabin fever.

1 comment:

eldon warren said...

Cabin fever indeed. And today is another cold wet one. Taos sounds like fun. This is the best time to go to Taos too as all the new work is going up on the walls. Congratulations on the new galley there.
EW